Thursday 13 August 2015

Favourite Quote

I don't really have a favourite quote. I love the use of words that hold such a deep meaning to them, that spinning of a phrase that is so memorable. Quotes are little tiny pieces of other people that we can relate to, wrapped up beautifully by a combination of letters. I don't have a favourite because they're all used for different reasons.

I have quotes which make me laugh, quotes which give me hope. I've found quotes that sum up pieces of my personality into words I hadn't even thought of yet to describe it. I have quotes that have given me advice, quotes which give me strength through school, exams, through my long distance relationship. 

I have quotes from characters in books that I love that bring me joy for the story as I remember them, those places where you read them and your heart swells with pride, and possibly even make your eyes well up with tears.

Words and quotes are such powerful things, how can I pick one?

But seeing as this requires me to, my favourite quote is not from a book, a film, a song, or anyone famous at all. It's from my Dad. He used to say this all the time, and it's stuck with me through the years:

"If you can't do anything about it, stop worrying. If you can do something, go do it."

No comments:

Post a Comment