Tuesday 4 August 2015

My Earliest Childhood Memory

My earliest memory is from my fifth birthday. I was at school in Reception class, and our teacher had this tradition of the birthday bumps, where she would lift us up five times to represent each year.

So, little five year old me was very excited.

When it came to the birthday bumps, my teacher got up and started to lift me...

One...
Two...
Three...

And she stopped.

She muttered under her breath something about me being to heavy. The class clapped louder for me, but I was still hurt. I didn't get my five birthday bumps.

And they wonder where my self esteem issues are rooted.

I will admit that I was a chubby child, but there was something medically wrong with me causing it. There's nothing wrong now. It's just a shame that that's the earliest memory I can recall, that feeling that plagued the rest of my birthday.

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment